Friday, June 3, 2011

Post #7 Mother May 2011

In the first meeting of May, the club sang a tribute to all the mom's in the club and everywhere else. As an aside when Kris and I took my mom and the family out to the Lighthouse restaurant in Jackson we brought copies of the song, passed them out to all the tables in the restaurant and everyone in the restaurant sang to thier mom, including the owner, the waitresses and the chef.

A tribute to Moms Everywhere from the Garwood Senior’s Club

M-O-T-H-E-R

~ Lyrics by Howard Johnson and music by Theodore Morse ~
1915

"M" is for the million things she gave me,

"O" means only that she's growing old,

"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,

"H" is for her heart of purest gold;

"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,

"R" means right, and right she'll always be,

Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"

A word that means the world to me.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment